Background

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Daytona Beach!!!

so i am finally here, wow, i must say that getting here was a little strange. the second i stepped out of the house i realized that the only things i was actually supposed to bring with me (document wise) were left in crazy places around my house that were hidden to everyone. after calling my parents and letting them know of my dilemma they searched and searched but to no avail. they just looked hopelessly, who knew they were dealing with a very forgetful person. (really i knew where they were the whole time i just wanted them to search. man, they are the best parents, they didn't give up once. dad finally found them though, it was sort of sad when he did cause then the game was over. who would have known they were in the last place he looked? bless him). the flights and the connections went really well, there was not a hitch in any of the travel (that i knew about) but i don't know if you have ever traveled on flights that you have no idea where you are supposed to be going, or traveling with absolutely no knowledge of any plan. it felt a little like i was wandering around and around and around with a goal in mind but no knowledge of the journey. i imagine it is sort of like this life... hmm... 
anyway, the plane landed in orlando (city code of mco if anyone wants to know) and i had no idea what i was supposed to do next. i did what any normal person would have done, i made myself as noticeable as possible by (first getting my bags) changing into every single piece of airline academy anything i could find and walking up and down the pick up area hoping i would stick out enough. good thing it worked cause a man found me after about an hour and he loaded my stuff in a glorified van/bus thing. his name was tom and he was a very nice man, he also drove me about an hour away, dropped me off at a closed hotel (dad, you would be happy, the hotel is a supporter of harley davidson, they have a big sign on the side, it helped me feel at home as weird as that may sound), tossed me my bags and drove away, but don't be fooled he was very nice.
"well, what now?" i thought to myself; then i thought, "hey i think i will call my mom and ask her if there is a number i can call. so i did just that, she gave me this random number that i have no idea where she got it from. i called it and a mystery lady answered, i told her my situation and she gave me directions to the elevator (which i am sure, karli, you would appreciate cause it reminded me of the ukraine. you know, dark, creepy, creacky, with the pop out at you buttons and the fun little ride at the end.) and told me to go up  to the third floor and knock on door number 301 and wait for more directions. i started to wonder what i was getting myself into, something like the matrix, were they going to tell me something that would change my entire outlook on life, you know, ask me if i wanted the blue or the red. anyway, i followed her instructions and knocked on the door. a girl answered, i would guess around 17 and she just sort of tossed me a key with a number on it and told me to skit. 
by the number on the back of the envelope i guessed room 201 was gonna be my new home, so i just went "home". i opened the door and there was no one, i tell you i felt like a lost dog or i guess a lost person. after i started to put my stuff away my room mates eventually came home. they ended up being very nice, to my gratitude. 

No comments: